Egyptian Museum Cairo Egypt Collection of Artifacts
The Egyptian Museum in Cairo is one of the world’s largest and oldest museums dedicated to ancient Egyptian antiquities. Located in Cairo, Egypt, it dates back to 1858 and houses a vast collection of over 160,000 artifacts of Pharaonic, Greco-Roman, Coptic, and Islamic origin. Visitors can explore the majestic statues, pottery, jewelry, furniture, and other items that date as far back as 2,000 BC, providing visitors with a window into the culture and history of Ancient Egypt.
Egyptian Museum Cairo Egypt Collection of Artifacts Summary
- Attraction Name: Egyptian Museum Cairo
- Country: Egypt
- Continent: African
- Capital Name: Cairo
- Language: Arabic
- Currency: Egyptian Pound
- Nationality: Egyptian
The Egyptian Museum in Cairo, Egypt is one of the most important museums in the world. It holds an extensive collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts, including royal mummies and relics from the time of Tutankhamen. Tourists come from all over the world to visit the renowned museum, which is part of an important cultural and educational landmark. Visiting the Egyptian Museum enables people to view some of the world’s most treasured antiquities and learn more about the civilization of ancient Egypt.
Tell us about Egyptian Museum Cairo Egypt
Located in the historic center of Cairo, the Egyptian Museum boasts an impressive collection of artifacts from Ancient Egypt. The museum is home to over 120,000 unique pieces from all periods of Ancient Egyptian civilisation, from pre-dynastic to the late period. It contains artifacts from the tombs of the Pharaohs, such as the famous gold mask of Tutankhamun and the sarcophagus of Meresankh III.
It also houses some of the most prized works of ancient Egyptian sculpture, such as the Seated Statue of Khafre, the Colossi of Memnon and the Great Sphinx of Giza. The museum also features a number of interactive exhibits, as well as audio-visual presentations, temporary exhibits and films. The museum is a must-see spot for fans of Ancient Egypt and is definitely worth a visit.
What are the things to do in Egyptian Museum Cairo Egypt?
The Egyptian Museum in Cairo is one of the world’s greatest repositories of ancient treasures. It is home to an incredible collection of artifacts and relics from the ancient civilization. Exploring this museum is a must-do for anyone looking to learn more about the fascinating history and culture of Egypt. Here are some of the highlights of what to do in the Egyptian Museum.
- Begin your visit by exploring the museum’s vast collection of ancient artifacts, from statues and sculptures to coins and jewelry. The Tutankhamun section of the museum is home to more than 5000 artifacts, including the famous death mask of King Tutankhamun. You can also find many ancient tombs and funerary items here.
- Be sure not to miss the Mummy Room, home to some of the most famous and infamous mummies, including Ramses II, Seti I, and Queen Hatshepsut. The Egyptian Museum also houses a large collection of papyrus scrolls and inscriptions, which reveal much about the daily life of the ancient Egyptians.
- The museum also houses an extensive library of books and research materials related to the study of ancient Egypt. You can browse through thousands of books, manuscripts, and photographs on display.
- Another highlight of the Egyptian Museum is the extended collection of artifacts in the museum’s storeroom. The artifacts, which span the entire history of Egypt, sit in storage, waiting to be studied and displayed.
- No visit to the Egyptian Museum is complete without stopping to admire the stunning architecture and design of the building. The domed ceiling of the atrium is particularly beautiful, so make sure to take in the architecture of the museum’s interiors.
- Finally, the Egyptian Museum is a great place to pick up unique souvenirs and gifts. The gift shop is stocked full of gifts, from jewelry and scarves to handmade paper and postcards.
To truly appreciate the many wonders and relics of the ancient Egyptian civilization, a visit to the Egyptian Museum is a must. From exploring the vast artifacts to admiring the architecture of the space, each visitor will leave with an unforgettable experience.
What are the best foods at Egyptian Museum Cairo Egypt?
The best foods at Egyptian Museum are:
- Koshari: Koshari is a popular Egyptian dish made of lentils, rice, macaroni and fried onions.
- Kebab: Traditional kebab is served with tahini sauce and delicious flatbread.
- Ful Medames: Ful medames is a traditional Egyptian dish made of fava beans.
- Kushari: A mix of Egyptian traditions, kushari is a mix of rice, pasta, lentils, and fried onions.
- Falafel: Crispy fried balls made of ground chickpeas and spices.
- Ta’ameya: Also known as Egyptian falafel, ta’ameya is made with fava beans, spices and herbs.
- Shawarma: Shawarma is a popular street food dish made of shaved seasoned lamb or chicken.
- Mahshi: Mahshi is stuffed vegetables, usually eggplant, peppers, and zucchini, which are cooked in a tomato sauce.
- Fattah: Fattah is a popular Egyptian dish of fried bread, garlic and tomato, topped with crispy fried onions.
- Molulah: Molulah is a traditional Egyptian street food snack of boiled fava beans or chickpeas served with tahini sauce.
What are the best hotels to stay in Egyptian Museum Cairo Egypt?
The best hotels to stay in Egyptian Museum are:
- Baron Palace: This five-star hotel is situated in front of the Egyptian Museum and is regarded as one of the most luxurious hotels in the area. It also has its own health club, an outdoor pool and a beauty salon.
- InterContinental Cairo Citystars: This luxurious hotel is located in the CityStars complex, close to the Egyptian Museum. It is home to several restaurants, a spa and several private pools.
- Novotel Cairo Airport: This four-star hotel is ideally located for travellers in transit to/from the airport, as it is 5 minutes from the Egyptian Museum and opposite Cairo International Airport.
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino: Situated a short walk from the Egyptian Museum, this hotel features modern rooms and an outdoor pool.
- Ramses Hilton: Another luxurious hotel located just a few minutes’ walk from the Egyptian Museum. It offers guests a selection of fine-dining restaurants and a health club.
What is the next tourist destination?
The best attractions in Egypt you must visit are:
- The Valley of the Kings Luxor
- The Pyramids of Giza
- St. Catherine Monastery, Sinai Desert
- Karnak Temple, Luxor
- Abu Simbel Temples, Aswan
- The Red Sea Beaches
- Sharm el-Sheikh
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!