Tower of London United Kingdom
Tower of London United Kingdom Summary
- Attraction: Tower of London United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
- Continent: Europe
- Capital Name: London
- Language: English, Irish, Scots, Welsh, Scotties Gaelic, Cornish
This is one of the most historically significant buildings in the country. It has served as a fortress, a prison, an armory, a mint, and even a royal residence throughout its 900-year history. It is also home to the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom, and the iconic ravens that are said to protect the Tower. A visit to the Tower of London is essential for anyone looking to learn more about the history of England and the United Kingdom.
Tell Us About Tower of London United Kingdom
The Tower of London is a historic castle located in central London, England. It was built in 1066 and has served as a royal palace, prison, arsenal, armory, mint, and home to the Crown Jewels of England. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
It is also the home of the famous Yeoman Warders, or Beefeaters, who are responsible for guarding the Tower and its inmates, and traditionally serve as tour guides. The Tower also houses the White Tower, which is the oldest part of the castle and the most iconic image of the Tower of London. The Tower of London is also home to many historical events such as the executions of Sir Thomas More, Anne Boleyn, and Lady Jane Grey.
What Things to do in Tower of London United Kingdom?
Things you can do in Tower of London United Kingdom:
- Take a tour of the tower: Join a guided tour of the Tower of London and explore its history, including the Crown Jewels, White Tower, and the Bloody Tower.
- See the Ceremony of the Keys: Witness the traditional locking of the Tower gates, a 700-year-old ceremony that takes place every night.
- Visit the Tower Menagerie: Learn about the long history of the Tower’s Royal Menagerie, which was home to exotic animals from all over the world from the 13th to the 19th centuries.
- See the Ravens: Spot the Tower’s iconic ravens, who are believed to protect the Tower and the Crown.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Tower’s famous prisoners: Learn about the Tower’s prisoners, including Anne Boleyn and Lady Jane Grey.
- Visit the Tower Armoury: Check out the Tower’s vast collection of weapons, including armour and swords.
- Climb to the top of the White Tower: Climb the stairs to the top of the White Tower and admire the views of London from the rooftop.
- Attend a Yeoman Warder Tour: Experience the Tower’s ancient traditions with a tour led by one of the Tower’s Yeoman Warders.
- Take a river cruise on the Thames: Take a leisurely cruise along the River Thames and admire the Tower of London and other iconic city landmarks from the water.
- Explore the Tower’s gardens: Take a stroll around the Tower’s lush gardens and find some peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
What are Best Foods at Tower of London United Kingdom?
Some of the best foods at Tower of London United Kingdom:
- Roast Beef Dinner with Yorkshire Pudding
- Fish and Chips
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Ploughman’s Lunch
- Famous Chicken Curry
- Traditional English Roast Dinner
- Famous Steak and Kidney Pie
- Famous Beef Wellington
- Famous Steak Pie
- Famous Beef and Ale Pie
What are Best Hotels to Stay in Tower of London United Kingdom?
Some of the best hotels to stay in Tower of London United Kingdom:
- The Tower Hotel – London
- Premier Inn London Tower Bridge
- The Z Hotel Tower Hill
- Radisson Blu Edwardian, New Providence Wharf Hotel
- Citadines Trafalgar Square London
- Novotel London Tower Bridge
- Apex City of London Hotel
- The Hoxton, Shoreditch
- The Plough Inn
- Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill)
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
The Lake District is the next most interesting places to visit in United Kingdom. Scroll down and click the button for more information.