Angel Falls Venezuela Highest Waterfall in the World
Angel Falls Venezuela Highest Waterfall in the World Summary
- Attraction: Angel Falls
- Country: Venezuela
- Continent: South America
- Capital Name: Caracas
- Language: Spanish
- Currency: Venezuelan Bolívares VEF
- Nationality: Venezuelan
Angel Falls Venezuela is the highest waterfall on Earth, with an impressive height of almost one kilometer (3,212 feet). It is an amazing natural wonder and a unique point of interest that draws travelers from far and wide. The 1.35 billion liters of water plummeting over the edge make it a spectacular sight. The area around the falls is also home to a wealth of flora and fauna, making it a great place for wildlife enthusiasts. In addition, Angel Falls is a breathtaking example of the power of nature and a great photographic opportunity.
Tell Us About Angel Falls Venezuela
Angel Falls is a spectacular natural wonder located in the Canaima National Park of Venezuela. At 979 meters (3,212 ft) it is the world’s highest uninterrupted waterfall, and the fall of Angel Falls attracts visitors from around the world to the jungle region that encircles it. The waterfall is named after the famed American aviator, Jimmy Angel, who discovered it in 1937 while searching for a large mining deposit in the area.
While no such deposit was ever found, Angel Falls has become the most iconic attraction of Venezuela and stands as an example of the raw beauty of nature. Additionally, the area is home to many indigenous communities who coexist in harmony with the vast wildlife of the neighboring rainforest.
What are the Things to do in Angel Falls Venezuela?
Angel Falls, located in the heart of Venezuela, is the world’s highest uninterrupted waterfall at 3,212 feet (979 meters) in height. The falls are named after US aviator Jimmie Angel, who was the first to fly over and discover them in 1933. The majestic Angel Falls covers a total of 807 m (2,648 feet) in height, plunging over a sheer cliff.
Visiting Angel Falls is an adventure unlike anything else. Here are some of the best things to do here:
- Witness the majesty of Angel Falls: Until you witness it for yourself, you will never truly appreciate the might and beauty of Angel Falls in person. A good vantage point would be around 23KMs from the foot of the falls, from where you can take in this magnificent sight.
- Tour the Canaima National Park: Angel Falls is a part of the Canaima National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Spend the day exploring and soaking up the culture and sights of the park. There is rich biodiversity, ancient indigenous rock art, and the world’s largest tepuis (table-top mountains).
- Photography at Angel Falls: Bring a camera and capture some stunning shots of the falls. Some of the best times to take pictures of the falls is when the sun reflects off of the water and creates beautiful rainbows.
- Hiking around the falls: It offers a plethora of amazing hikes. Take in the diversified wildlife and vegetation as you explore the area. From the jungle around the base of the falls to the mountain peaks around and the cloud forests up above.
- Kayaking the Churun and Carrao Rivers: Kayak down the Churun and Carrao Rivers, starting from the base of the waterfall and finishing at the top of Kavac Mountain. Experience the coursing river and the magnificent views as you paddle around the lagoon formed by Angel Falls.
- Go fishing: If you’re up for some angling while you’re here, there’s tons of other activities that you can experience in the area, such as fishing in the rivers around Angel Falls. There are plenty of bass and catfish that can be caught in the waters here.
What are the Best Foods at Angel Falls Venezuela?
Some of the best foods to get on a visit to Angel Falls Venezuela include patacón sandwiches, arepas, cachapas, tequeños, and hallacas. Patacón sandwiches are made from mashed fried plantains and can be filled with animal or vegetable proteins. Arepas are grilled or fried cornmeal cakes that are usually stuffed with cheese, meats, and other ingredients.
Cachapas are corn pancakes filled with melted cheese, and tequeños are deep fried yucca filled with cheese. Lastly, hallacas are traditional Venezuelan tamales consisting of meat and vegetables in a corn flour dough. All of these dishes provide a delicious and satisfying experience that can fit any palate.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Angel Falls Venezuela?
Some of the best hotels to stay in Angel Falls Venezuela are:
- Los Roques Eco Lodge: This eco-friendly hotel offers breathtaking views of Angel Falls, located in the Canaima Lagoon of Venezuela. Rooms feature large balconies and access to the hotel’s two private beaches.
- Caiman Lodge: Ranked as the top hotel in here, this luxury lodge features seven spacious cottages, two restaurants, and a private pool. Guests can soak in the nearby hot springs and explore the trails of nearby El Palmar National Park.
- La Gran Sabana Hotel: Offering picturesque views of Angel Falls, this family-run, eco-friendly hotel is the perfect spot for exploring all the natural wonders in the area. Dine at the restaurant or observe the stunning view from the hotel’s outdoor terrace.
- Grupo Pemon Lodge: Located in the Parque Nacional Gran Sabana, this eco-friendly hotel provides access to some of the best hikes in the area. Stay in private rooms, have a meal at the restaurant, and relax in the hotel’s outdoor pool.
- Kerepakupai Merú Hotel: Boasting stunning panoramic views of Angel Falls, this hotel offers cozy rooms and access to a private garden. Explore nearby caves, hike the trails, and relax in the outdoor pool at the nearby Puerto Ordaz Nature Reserve.
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!