San Bernardino Paraguay Popular Destination
San Bernardino is a small town in the eastern lowlands of Paraguay, known for its lush landscapes, exotic wildlife, tropical climate, and friendly locals. It is a popular destination for birdwatchers, nature lovers and adventurers alike, offering visitors the opportunity to explore unique ecosystems and experience traditional Paraguayan culture.
San Bernardino Paraguay Popular Destination Summary
- Attraction: San Bernardino
- Country: Paraguay
- Continent: South America
- Capital Name: Asunción
- Language: Spanish and Guaraní
- Currency: Paraguayan Guarani PYG
- Nationality: Paraguayan
San Bernardino Paraguay is a beautiful and historic city, steeped in culture and tradition. Its colorful streetscape, colorful markets, traditional crafts, and lush green spaces offer plenty of interesting things for visitors to explore. It is also home to some of the country’s most stunning scenery, including limestone canyons, exotic flora and fauna, cascading waterfalls, and miles of pristine beach. Additionally, San Bernardino is considered the gateway to the Gran Chaco region of Paraguay, home to rare wildlife and natural wonders.
Tell Us About San Bernardino Paraguay
San Bernardino is a city located in the Central Department of Paraguay. It has a population of over 32,000 people. The city is an important center of trade and commerce in the country and home to several multinational companies. It is home to the Camino Real Paraguayo de San Bernardino, one of the oldest cobblestone lanes in the world. The city is known for its colonial architecture, public green spaces and its vibrant music scene. San Bernardino plays an important role in the history and culture of Paraguay and is one of the country’s top tourist destinations.
What are the Things to do in San Bernardino Paraguay?
Things to do in San Bernardino Paraguay 200 words?
- Visit Yaguaron: Yaguaron is a small city in San Bernardino, Paraguay that is home to some of the best-preserved colonial architecture in the country. The city is filled with stunning churches, old buildings, and quaint cobbled streets. Be sure to take time to explore and take in the atmosphere of this charmingly sleepy city.
- Tour the Estancia San Alberto: Estancia San Alberto is a working ranch nearby San Bernardino that offers an amazing tour for guests to learn about the local lifestyle and see how some Paraguayan ranchers live. You’ll get to see cattle, horses, and some of the area’s native flora and fauna from the back of a classic hacienda cart.
- Shopping in Villa Elisa: Villa Elisa is a popular shopping destination in San Bernardino, with a sprawling outdoor market. Wander through the market’s stalls and pick up some souvenirs or try your hand at bargaining for a good price on local handicrafts, clothing, and many other items.
- Visit Paraguái Zoo: The Paraguái Zoo is something of a hidden gem in San Bernardino. The zoo boasts a superb collection of wild animals and is one of the best places to see South American wildlife. Expect to see jaguars, pumas, anacondas, sloths, and more.
- Relax at Embalse Mariscal Estigarribia: Embalse Mariscal Estigarribia is a stunning lake surrounded by lush, dense vegetation. There are a few small beaches here that are perfect for a relaxing day soaking up the sun, or you can go out on a boat to explore some of the surrounding waterfalls.
What are the Best Foods at San Bernardino Paraguay?
San Bernardino Paraguay offers a variety of delicious local cuisines, ranging from traditional Paraguayan fare to international dishes. Some of the best foods to try including dishes like Chipa, which is a cheese-infused bun, and the famous Sopa paraguaya, which is a corn-based dish that is both savory and hearty. Other signature dishes include Mbeju, a thick cake made of cassava and cheese, and their renowned Asado, a typical Paraguayan-style BBQ with slow cooked meats. Additionally, an array of fresh fruits and vegetables is available, including dishes such as Acelga (braised Swiss chard) and Suyú, a corn stew. Last but not least, don’t forget to try the traditional terere, a cold green herbal tea that is enjoyed all around Paraguay!
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in San Bernardino Paraguay?
Best hotels to stay in San Bernardino Paraguay are:
- Hotel Gabino Canete. Situated in the heart of downtown San Bernardino, this hotel has comfortable rooms and a terrace overlooking the main plaza. It provides an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.
- Hotel Los Álamos. This hotel has an outdoor swimming pool, free Wi-Fi and 24-hour front desk service. It overlooks beautiful views of the Paraguay river and provides private parking.
- Hotel Estancia Casi del Abuelo. This hotel provides guests with a variety of amenities and services, including an outdoor pool, bar, and private parking area. It also offers a fitness centre, game room and terrace with views of the Paraguay river.
- Hotel Grand Aquilon. This luxurious hotel offers many amenities and services, such as a golf course, spa, fitness centre and private beach. It also provides an outdoor pool, restaurant and 24-hour reception service.
- Hotel Barcelo San Bernardino. This hotel offers guests an array of amenities, such as a pool, fitness centre, mini-golf, ping pong, casino, bar and restaurant. It also provides free Wi-Fi and private parking.
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!