Amalfi Coast Italy UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Amalfi Coast Italy UNESCO World Heritage Sites Summary
- Attraction: Amalfi Coast
- Country: ITALY
- Continent: Europe
- Capital Name: Rome
- Language: Italian
About Amalfi Coast Italy UNESCO World Heritage Sites
The Amalfi Coast is a stunning stretch of coastline on the southern edge of the Sorrentine Peninsula in Italy and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The region boasts some of the best beaches, towns, and attractions in the country, including the famous and picturesque towns of Amalfi, Positano, and Ravello. The dramatic coastline is characterized by steep cliffs, rocky coves, and picturesque fishing villages.
The area also offers some of Italy’s finest cuisine and wine, with plenty of traditional restaurants, bars, and cafes to sample. Visitors to the Amalfi Coast can explore ruins, visit the many churches, and take in the breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea.
What Things to do at Amalfi Coast Italy UNESCO World Heritage Sites?
Below are a few things that you can do at Amalfi Coast Italy UNESCO World Heritage Sites as listed below:
- Explore the coastline by boat or ferry.
- Enjoy a scenic drive.
- Visit the ancient ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
- Take a boat ride to Capri Island.
- Visit the historic town of Ravello.
- Hike the Path of the Gods.
- Enjoy the views from Positano.
- Relax on the beach.
- Explore the grottos of the Amalfi Coast.
- Visit the hilltop villages of the region.
What are Best Foods at Amalfi Coast Italy UNESCO World Heritage Sites?
There are variety of delicious foods you can try at Amalfi Coast Italy UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as:
- Fresh Seafood: The Amalfi Coast is one of the best places in the world to enjoy fresh seafood. Try the local favorites like mussels, octopus, clams, calamari, and anchovies, or go for something a bit more adventurous like sea urchin or cuttlefish.
- Pizza: Pizza is a staple of Italian cuisine. Try some of the local specialties, like the pizza topped with anchovies, capers, and olives or the pizza with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
- Limoncello: This lemon-flavored liqueur is produced from the zest of the local lemons and is a must-try for anyone visiting here.
- Pasta: This coast is known for its delicious pasta dishes, including local favorites like spaghetti alla Nerano and spaghetti alla puttanesca.
- Focaccia: This traditional flatbread is a popular snack in the area and can be topped with tomatoes, onions, and olives.
- Gelato: Italian gelato is world-famous, and the Amalfi Coast is no exception. Be sure to try some of the unique local flavors, like limoncello or ricotta.
What are Best Hotels to Stay at Amalfi Coast Italy?
There are many best hotels to stay at Amalfi Coast Italy.
- Hotel Santa Caterina: This five-star hotel is perched on a cliff, offering stunning views of the Mediterranean. It features luxurious guestrooms, a pool, and a spa.
- Hotel Marincanto: This four-star hotel is located in the heart of Positano, offering stunning views of the Mediterranean and a pool.
- Hotel Caruso Belmond: Situated on the cliffs of Ravello, this luxurious hotel is a favorite among celebrities. It features a pool, spa, and a restaurant with a terrace overlooking the sea.
- Le Sirenuse: This five-star hotel is located in Positano and offers an elegant atmosphere. It features an outdoor pool, spa, and a restaurant.
- Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi: This five-star hotel is located in the city of Amalfi and is surrounded by lush gardens. It features an outdoor pool, spa, and a restaurant.
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
Wanted to know our next attractions in Italy? Cinque Terre is your next destination. Click the button below for more options.