Zugspitze Bavaria Highest Mountain in Germany
The Zugspitze is Germany’s highest mountain, standing at 9,717 feet above sea level. Located in Bavaria in the far southeastern corner of the country, this iconic landmark has been drawing adventurers since the 19th century. From the top of the mountain, one can experience stunning views of the surrounding Alpine landscapes and nearby countries, including Austria and Switzerland.
Zugspitze Bavaria Highest Mountain in Germany Summary
- Attraction: Zugspitze Bavaria Highest Mountain in Germany
- Country: Germany
- Continent: Europe
- Capital Name: Berlin
- Language: German (official), English
- Currency: Euro
- Nationality: Germans (German: Deutsche)
Zugspitze in Bavaria, Germany is the highest mountain in Germany, standing at almost 3,000 meters tall. It stands on the border between Germany and Austria and is a great spot for skiing, snowboarding, hiking, and sightseeing. Visiting Zugspitze allows visitors to experience the top of Germany and all its stunning views. The stunning alpine panoramas and breathtaking views of the surrounding area make it a must-visit spot for any nature lover and outdoor enthusiast.
Tell Us About Zugspitze Germany
Zugspitze is a mountain peak in the Bavarian Alps. At almost 10,000 feet, it is the highest peak in Germany and the highest mountain in the Alps as well. As one of Germany’s major tourist attractions, it has long been a popular destination for nature lovers, hikers, and climbers. The peak is surrounded by a beautiful alpine landscape and some of the most incredible views of the alps. There are both on-foot and cablecar options for getting to the summit, as well as a fascinating historical site—a World War I bunker. With such an eclectic mix of activities, Zugspitze offers something for everyone.
What Things to do in Zugspitze Germany?
Things to do in Zugspitze Germany are:
- Gondola Ride to the Top: Experience a stunning aerial view of the Alps on your way up with a Gondola ride to the top of the Zugspitze summit.
- Zugspitze Glacier Ski Area: Enjoy magnificent views of the Alps while skiing down the slopes of the Zugspitze Glacier Ski Area.
- King’s Chair Chairlift: Take a chairlift up to the summit of the peak and be dazzled by its sweeping views of the Bavarian countryside.
- Cable Cars Down the Alps: Travel down the slopes of the Alps by cable car and admire the gorgeous views of the Landscape.
- Hiking: Explore the area on foot and find out about the unique flora and fauna of the region.
- King’s Chair Restaurant: After your hikes or ski trips, recharge at the restaurant located in the summit area with some amazing Bavarian dishes.
- Zugspitze Museum: Check out the Zugspitze museum to discover the facts and myths surrounding the region.
- Cliff Walk: Take a daring walk along the edge on the rocky cliffs of the Zugspitze Mountain and experience the thrills of being suspended high up above the ground.
- Shopping in the Towns: Browse for souvenirs and traditional memorabilia in the towns of Grainau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Leutasch.
- Zugspitze Ice Palace: Marvel at the art forms sculpted into ice by ice artist Max Mauro at the Zugspitze ice palace.
What are Best Foods at Zugspitze Germany?
Amazing foods at Zugspitze Germany are:
- Schnitzel: Traditional German dish consisting of thin slices of meat (usually pork, chicken, or veal) fried in breadcrumbs.
- Knödel: Dumplings made from flour, potato, and breadcrumbs, usually served with sauces.
- Kaiserschmarrn: A type of Austrian pancake made with egg and flour and shredded then served with berry compote and raisins.
- Käsespätzle: A Bavarian dish made with an egg-based dumpling noodles and melted cheese.
- Leberkäse: A grilled Bavarian-style meatloaf made with beef and pork.
- Kasespatzle Gröstl: Fried onions and boiled potatoes served with cheese-filled dumplings.
- Raclette: A Swiss and French dish involving melted cheese served with potatoes and other sides.
- Brezn: Bavarian pretzels served with butter and different types of mustard.
- Rösti: Grated and fried potatoes served with a variety of toppings.
- Apfelstrudel: A thin pastry dough stuffed with apples, raisins, and cinnamon.
What are Best Hotels to Stay in Zugspitze Germany?
The best hotels in Zugspitze Germany are:
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Parkhotel
- Hotel Alpenhotel Eck
- Reindl’s Partenkirchner Hof
- Hotel Jagdhof
- Hotel Walzmühle
- Hotel-Pension Alphorn
- Hotel Zugspitze
- Sporthotel Grainau
- Hotel Schachenhof
- Alpenhotel Fischer
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
We are delighted to tell you more about this beautiful country of Germany. Scroll down and click the destination buttons for more information.