Vietnam Best Asia Countries to Visit
Vietnam is a beautiful Southeast Asian country, full of vibrant cities, lush tropical forests, and stunning beaches. Its capital city of Hanoi is celebrated for its traditional French-influenced architecture, bustling street markets, and iconic Old Quarter. From Ho Chi Minh City in the south to the temperate highlands in the north, the country is a haven for those seeking scenic wilderness, culture, and epic adventure.
Vietnam Best Asia Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: Vietnam
- Continent: Asia
- Capital Name: Hanoi
- Language: Vietnamese
- Currency: Vietnamese dong
- Nationality: Vietnamese (de facto)
A brief description of Vietnam
Vietnam is a long, narrow country located on the easternmost edge of Southeast Asia. From the mid-19th century until 1975, the region was divided into two countries, North Vietnam and South Vietnam. Vietnam is known for its dramatic landscapes, ranging from mountainous to coastal, and its rich and vibrant culture.
Major cities include Hanoi, the capital, Ho Chi Minh City, and Danang. Vietnam is home to 54 distinct ethnic groups, many of whom practice traditional spiritual beliefs. Its economy is largely driven by agriculture and aquaculture, with an important role given to the service and manufacturing industries.
What are the Things to do in Vietnam?
Things to do in Vietnam are:
- Visit the World Famous Halong Bay: Halong Bay is a must for any Vietnam itinerary. Located in the north of Vietnam, the stunning seascape is made up of over 3,000 limestone karsts, forming an impressive limestone jungle. Cruise around the picturesque islets, explore some of its beautiful grottoes and lagoons, and don’t forget to visit the Thien Cung Cave.
- Check Out the Imperial City of Hue: The ancient city of Hue was once a place of emperors, scholars, and philosophers. Located in central Vietnam, the city is a must-visit for anyone interested in the nation’s history. Don’t miss the Citadel and Forbidden City, the Thien Mu Pagoda and the Royal Tombs.
- Explore the Floating Markets of Can Tho: The vibrant floating markets of Can Tho are located in the heart of the Mekong Delta. Take a boat ride around the canals and explore the vibrant market where locals come to trade fresh offerings from the river. Explore the riverbanks, try some traditional food and watch the busy scenes of locals going about their daily trading.
- Check Out the Ruins of My Son: My Son is an old Hindu temple complex located in central Vietnam. Take a day tour from Hoi An to explore the ruins which were a major religious center in the 4th century. The impressive temples are inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage List and form an important part of Vietnam’s rich history.
- Trek Through the Sapa Valley: Head to the north of Vietnam to explore the stunning Sapa Valley in the province of Lao Cai. The region offers high-altitude hill tribe treks, beautiful rice terraces and opportunities to learn about traditional tribal life. Sapa is home to a number of hill tribes including the Black Hmong, Red Dzao and White Thai. Join a guided tour to explore the stunning landscape and get to meet the locals.
- Wander Around Ho Chi Minh City: Formerly known as Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City is the largest and most modern city in Vietnam. Explore the city’s colorful neighborhoods, visit the Notre Dame Cathedral, stroll around the Chinatown area, and check out the Reunification Palace and War Remnants Museum. Don’t forget to check out the bustling night markets too.
- Take a Trip Around the Mekong Delta: The picturesque Mekong Delta is located in the south of Vietnam and offers a glimpse at a rural lifestyle. Take a boat trip to explore its vibrant floating markets, visit local villages and take a tour of the verdant islets. Sample traditional southern foods, try some fresh coconuts, and explore the fruit orchards.
- Relax on Hoi An’s Beach: Located in central Vietnam, Hoi An is a popular destination for backpackers and holidaymakers alike. Take some time to relax on the city’s sandy beaches and explore the traditional old town with its colorful streets and ancient buildings. Also, don’t forget to check out the colorful night markets, sample some of the delicious local cuisine, and visit the nearby Marble Mountains.
What are the Best Foods at Vietnam?
Pho is a popular Vietnamese noodle soup typically enjoyed for breakfast. Bun Cha is a grilled pork dish served alongside a bowl of noodles, herbs and a bowl of dipping sauce. Banh Mi sandwiches are filled with a variety of meats, vegetables, herbs, and pickles and served on a crunchy baguette. Goi Cuon are spring rolls filled with herbs and pork, shrimp, or tofu. Cha Gio are crispy fried egg rolls stuffed with pork, shrimp, and onions along with mushrooms and other vegetables.
Banh Xeo is a savory crepe made with a yellow batter of turmeric, rice flour, and coconut milk, stuffed with savory ingredients such as pork, shrimp, and bean sprouts. Com Tam are broken rice dishes served with a savory marinated pork chop, steamed vegetables, and an egg. Nem Nuong Cuon are pork and vegetable rolls served with herbs and a sweet and sour dipping sauce. Bun Bo Hue is a spicy beef noodle soup flavored with lemongrass and chilies. Xoi Vo is a sweet and sticky rice dish topped with a variety of ingredients including pork, dried shallots, and mushrooms.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Vietnam?
Have a pleasant day when visiting Vietnam. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- Angsana Lang Co, Hue: This hotel features customized spa treatments and a private beach area with magnificent views of the ocean.
- InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort, Danang: Experience the ultimate luxury in Vietnam at this five-star hotel which is nestled in an enchanting cove surrounded by mountains.
- The Nam Hai, Hoi An: An exquisite sight nestled in the lush landscape of a World Heritage Site, this luxurious resort provides individual villas with private pools and stunning views.
- The Reverie Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City: Offering luxurious accommodation with magnificent views of the city, this hotel comes with a fantastic infinity pool and delicious dining options.
- La Residence Hotel & Spa, Hue: Combining timeless elegance with modern amenities, sophisticated rooms and suites with city views, a spa and pool, plus a wonderful Vietnamese restaurant.
- InterContinental Hanoi WESTLAKE, Hanoi: The perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of Hanoi city, this luxurious hotel offers scenic lake views and bonsai gardens.
- Park Hyatt Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City: Singapore’s iconic Park Hyatt brand providing attentive luxury and Michelin-starred cuisine in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, Nha Trang: A sophisticated hideaway featuring lavish villas with private plunge pools and unobstructed views of a magnificent bay.
Best Attractions in Vietnam
Please click the picture below for more information about the best attractions in Vietnam.
No posts found!
The best cities that you must visit in Vietnam are Hoi An, Ha Long Bay, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Mui Ne, Sapa and Haiphong.
The best attractions in Vietnam you must visit are:
- Ha Long Bay, Quang Ninh
- Hoi An Ancient Town, Quang Nam
- The Old Quarter, Hanoi
- Mekong Delta, Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Hanoi
- Cu Chi Tunnels, Ho Chi Minh City
- Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park, Quang Binh
- Imperial Citadel of Thang Long, Hanoi
- Ninh Binh Province, Ninh Binh
- Con Dao Islands, Ba Ria-Vung Tau
The best destinations you must visit in Vietnam are Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Hue, Da Nang, Sapa, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Mekong Delta, Mui Ne and Phu Quoc Island.