Serengeti National Park Tanzania Most Famous Places
Serengeti National Park is one of the most famous parks in Africa and is known for its spectacular wildlife viewing opportunities. With vast plains and rolling hills, the park supports a variety of animals including lions, elephants, cheetahs, and wildebeest, as well as hundreds of bird species.
Serengeti National Park is a vast expanse of savannah plains, woodlands, and clay hills in northern Tanzania, home to an immense variety of wildlife, from the big cats, wildebeests, zebras, elephants and giraffes to more than 500 species of birds.
Serengeti National Park Tanzania Most Famous Places Summary
- Attraction Name: Serengeti National Park
- Country: Tanzania
- Continent: African
- Capital Name: Dodoma
- Language: Swahili and English (de facto)
- Currency: Tanzanian Shilling
- Nationality: Tanzanian
Serengeti National Park Tanzania is a world-renowned wildlife sanctuary that is home to some of the most iconic species of African wildlife. It is a must-visit destination for nature-lovers and wildlife enthusiasts, as it boasts a variety of breathtaking landscapes and unique biodiversity. Visitors to the park can expect to spot large numbers of wildebeest, giraffes, elephants, buffalo and zebra, as well as lions, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, jackals and a variety of other predators.
The park also plays host to an abundance of bird life, and is especially known for the incredible annual wildebeest migration. Serengeti National Park is not only a special place for wildlife and bird-watchers, but also for photographers and adventurers, who can find a wide range of opportunities to explore and experience the African wilderness.
Tell us about Serengeti National Park Tanzania
Serengeti National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Tanzania. It is one of the world’s largest and most popular wildlife parks, covering an area of over 14,750 square kilometers of savannah grasslands. This park is home to some of Africa’s top predators, such as lions, leopards, cheetahs and hyenas, as well as other species like elephants, giraffes and numerous species of antelope and birds.
The annual wildebeest migration is one of the most spectacular natural events in the world, as millions of animals make the journey from the northern Serengeti plains and into the regions around the Masai Mara.
The Serengeti is also renowned for its extraordinary beauty – from the high grasslands of the Serengeti Plains to the mineral springs at the Ngorongoro Crater and the breathtaking view of the savannah landscape from the top of the Ol doinyo Lengai volcano. Visitors can also take advantage of a variety of activities, including game drives and wildlife safaris, picnicking and camping, and multi-day safari tours.
What are the things to do in Serengeti National Park Tanzania?
Serengeti National Park is one of the most famous parks in the world. This vast park is famous for its abundance of animals, including the critically endangered black rhino, multitudes of wildebeest and zebra, and other large mammals such as buffalo, lion, cheetah, and leopard. It is also home to some 650 bird species. With so much wildlife to explore, here are some of the very best things to do in Serengeti National Park.
- Go on a Safari: One of the best ways to experience the beauty of the park is to go on a wildlife safari. Here, you’ll get to view the wildlife of the Serengeti from the comfort of an open-air safari jeep. From game drives to balloon safaris, there are a variety of safaris to choose from, each offering its own unique experience.
- Enjoy Camping Under the African Stars: The Serengeti is full of camping options, from camping in the bush to luxury camping under the stars. Some popular campsites include Seronera Camp, Kogatende Camp, Ndutu Camp and Moru Kopjes Camp.
- Visit the Osero Migratory Route: The Osero is the main waterway of the park, and it is home to thousands of wildebeest that are on an annual migration. Experiencing the great migration is an incredible experience and best seen from the Osero Migratory Route.
- Bird Watching: The Serengeti is known to have some of the best bird watching in Africa. There are more than 650 species of birds recorded in the park, including eagles, owls, Congo moorhens, kingfishers, and more. It’s a great activity for both amateur and expert birders.
- Hike the Endless Plains: There are plenty of places to explore on foot in the Serengeti, from walking trails to magical rock formations. Take in the spectacular views from the top of the Simba Kopje outcrop or explore the woodland meadows for a chance to spot the park’s animals in their natural habitat.
- Explore the Ancient Woodlands: The park’s ancient woodlands are home to some of the rarest species of plants and animals, from antelopes to medicinal herbs. Spend some time exploring the woodlands to learn more about the park’s unique vegetation.
- Explore the Legendary Crater Space: For those looking for something truly unique, the Serengeti offers access to the famous Ngorongoro Crater, a spectacular collapsed volcano with steep sides, a flat floor, and scenic waterfalls. Here, you can see the famous African Big Five – lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and buffalo – in their natural environment.
- Take a Boat Ride on the Lake: Serengeti National Park is also home to several lakes and rivers, including Lake Victoria, Lake Magadi, and the Grumeti River. Taking a boat ride on the Grumeti River is a great way to observe the park’s magnificent wild animals from up close.
What are the best foods at Serengeti National Park Tanzania?
The best foods at Serengeti National Park are:
- Grilled Zebra Steak
- Pilau Rice
- Ndizi Na Nazi
- Kenyan Chapati
- Vegetable Samosas
- Coconut Pilau Rice
- Ugali Fries
What are the best hotels to stay in Serengeti National Park Tanzania?
The best hotels to stay in Serengeti National Park are:
- Serengeti Migration Camp
- Serena Safari Lodge
- Singita Grumeti Tented Camp.
- Sayari Camp
- Ububa Mbalageti Luxury Camp
- Serengeti Kati Kati Camp
- Klein’s Camp
- Sabora Tented Camp
- Baines’ Camp
What is the next tourist destination?
The next best attractions in Tanzania you must visit are:
- Serengeti National Park
- Mount Kilimanjaro
- Ngorongoro Crater
- Selous Game Reserve
- Mahale Mountains National Park
- Gombe Stream National Park
- Olduvai Gorge
- Mt. Meru
- Lake Manyara National Park
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!