Cliffs of Moher Ireland
Cliffs of Moher Ireland Summary
- Attraction: Cliffs of Moher Ireland
- Country: Ireland
- Continent: Europe
- Capital Name: Dublin
- Language: English and Irish (Gaelic)
The Cliffs of Moher in Ireland are one of the most iconic and beautiful natural wonders in the world. It stands up to 214 meters (702 feet) at their highest point, with stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, the Aran Islands, and the rolling hills of the Burren. Visitors can also explore the ruins of O’Brien’s Tower and the many hiking trails along the cliffs. The Cliffs of Moher are a must-see for anyone visiting Ireland and the surrounding areas.
A Brief Description About Cliffs of Moher Ireland
The Cliffs of Moher are an iconic coastal landmark located in County Clare, Ireland. The 8km stretch of sea cliffs is situated on the Atlantic coast and rises to a height of 214m at its highest point, O’Brien’s Tower. From the top, visitors can enjoy stunning views of the Aran Islands, Galway Bay and the Twelve Bens Mountain range. It is also home to a variety of seabirds, such as puffins, guillemots and razorbills, which can often be seen from the cliff edge. The Cliffs of Moher are a popular tourist destination, and visitors can take a guided tour, visit the interpretive centre or even take a boat trip around it.
What Things to do in Cliffs of Moher Ireland?
Things to do in Cliffs of Moher Ireland:
- Enjoy the Amazing Views: The Cliffs of Moher are one of Ireland’s most popular tourist attractions, and for good reason. The dramatic cliffs rise up to 214 meters (700 feet) at their highest point and stretch for 8 km (5 miles) along the Atlantic Coast of Ireland. You can take in the breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
- Visit the Visitor Centre: Located at the highest point, the visitor center offers interactive exhibits, audio-visual presentations, and a cafe. Here you can learn about the history and geology of the cliffs, as well as the variety of wildlife that lives in the area.
- Take a Boat Tour: If you’re looking for a different perspective, a boat tour along the coast is the perfect way to do it. You’ll be able to spot seabirds and seals, as well as views of the cliffs from the water.
- Go Hiking: There are several trails for hiking ranging from short and easy routes to more challenging hikes. Be sure to wear sturdy shoes and bring plenty of water.
- Explore the Local Area: Don’t forget to also explore the surrounding area. Nearby towns like Lisdoonvarna and Doolin are great places to visit and offer plenty of shops, restaurants, and pubs. You can also check out some of the nearby attractions like the Burren, Connemara National Park, and the Aran Islands.
What are Best Foods at Cliffs of Moher Ireland?
The best foods at Cliffs of Moher Ireland that you can try such as:
- Seafood – This place is known for their exquisite seafood restaurants, with freshly caught catches from the surrounding coastal waters.
- Irish Stew – This traditional Irish stew, made with potatoes, carrots, onions, and lamb, is a delicious and hearty dish that is sure to warm you up.
- Irish Brown Bread – This dense, moist bread is a staple of Irish cuisine and one of the best foods to try.
- Shepherd’s Pie – This classic dish is made with minced meat and mashed potatoes and is sure to fill you up.
- Guinness – No visit to Ireland would be complete without trying a pint of Guinness. Enjoy it with a delicious meal at one of the pubs.
What are Best Hotels to Stay in Cliffs of Moher Ireland?
There are a few best hotels to stay in Cliffs of Moher Ireland as listed below:
- Cliff House Hotel, Ardmore
- The Lodge at Doonbeg
- The Falls Hotel & Spa
- Armada Hotel
- Cliffs of Moher Retreat
- Hotel Doolin
- Lisdoonvarna Hostel
- Lahinch Atlantic Hotel
- Burren View Lodge
- The Twelve Hotel Galway
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
Wanted to know the other best attractions in Ireland? Giant’s Causeway is one of the most interesting places to visit. Scroll down and click the button for more information.